Stop Business Email Compromise Scams
Defend against malicious payroll or other financial requests that appear to come from legitimate senders.
See a Demo
Get CISO Guide to BEC
Trusted by Global Enterprises
BEC Scams Evade Traditional Security Tools
Business email compromise attacks are often successful because they don’t leverage malicious links or attachments that traditional security tools are designed to detect. Instead, cybercriminals send seemingly legitimate payroll requests, gift card requests, or banking account updates to defraud organizations.
How Abnormal Stops BEC Scams
- Analyzes content to identify language associated with BEC fraud, such as direct deposit changes or other financial requests.
- Monitors identity to recognize unusual sending behavior, such as use of a personal email address or a lookalike domain.
- Distinguishes urgency and recognizes changes in tone.
A Unique Approach to Stopping Business Email Compromise
- The API architecture ingests thousands of unique signals to understand sending patterns.
- Sender identity analysis uses identity attributes and communication patterns to identify suspicious characteristics.
- Natural language processing detects content and tone associated with attacks.
Abnormal Benefits of Stopping BEC Scams
Prevents financial loss through payroll fraud or similar scams.
Reduces SOC hours spent on incident investigation and remediation.
Stops the #1 cause of financial losses for organizations.
“Plain-text business email compromise attacks were getting through. The tools ahead of Abnormal are looking for a file or signature, but Abnormal really understands the context with next-generation, next-level machine learning. That’s what is different and it’s why Abnormal is catching these attacks, despite being the last line of defense.”
— Security Engineer at Global 500 Financial Company
Discover How to Stop BEC
See how you can harness advanced behavioral AI to block socially-engineered threats.
Get Inbound Email Security
See the Latest BEC Scams
View the latest business email compromise scams blocked by the Abnormal platform.
View More BEC Attacks
Watch the BEC Scam Demo
Discover how Abnormal stops complex BEC scams that evade traditional solutions.
See Abnormal in Action
See the Abnormal Solution to the BEC ProblemProtect your organization from costly business email compromise attacks like payroll and financial fraud with Abnormal.
See a Demo