Intern - Engineering
About Abnormal Security:
Founded in 2018, Abnormal Security is defining the next generation of email security defense. Our platform uses machine learning and artificial intelligence to baseline communication content, user identity, and behavioral signals in real-time and at-scale in order to detect the abnormalities of email attacks.
Customers love us because we consistently detect and stop what everyone else in the market can’t -- advanced attacks that have never been seen before -- and we do so with beautiful user interfaces and best-in-industry customer support. Our customers and the cybersecurity industry is noticing our success - we’re on the Forbes AI 50, selected as a Gartner 2020 Cool Vendor, and our customer base includes multiple Fortune 500 companies.
Our veteran team has built some of the most enduring machine learning platforms at leading companies including Google, Twitter, Pinterest, Amazon, Microsoft, and Expanse. We are located in San Francisco and New York City.
Our technology relies on reliable, scalable infrastructure that can keep up with the growing demands and needs of our customers. We are growing our engineering team responsible for designing, scaling, and securing our infrastructure. Your work will be open ended, but goal directed.
You will be an intern on one of Abnormal Security's engineering teams. You'll be expected to work closely with your teammates to deliver system improvements & new product features, and participate in all team processes.
- In process of attaining Bachelor’s in Computer Science, or equivalent subject expertise in systems and infrastructure
- Previous startup work experience, or working in the early stages of a product’s lifecycle
- Strong sense of proactive ownership - taking pride and responsibility for the quality of all systems and products we deliver to our customers
- Hard-working attitude and eager to work closely with other engineering team members.
- Familiar with Python
Nice To Haves:
- Previous startup experience
Why Abnormal Security:
- Competitive pay and equity
- One of the most proven engineering teams in Silicon Valley
- Best-in-class customer traction and growth
- Team-wide commitment to excellence, velocity, and customer-focus
- Strong growth opportunities and high ownership expectations
- Full medical, dental, and vision health insurance benefits
- Daily catered lunches and snacks
- Generous PTO